If you are wearing a wig or hair piece due to a medical condition you may be eligible for reimbursement under your health insurance plan. If you do not have health coverage through an independent insurance plan you may be eligible to submit your receipts to Revenue Canada as additional medical expenses.
Coverage and the eligibility vary drastically among companies Hair Prosthesis Centre recommends the following initial steps:
- Contact your health insurance company to inquire if a medical hair prosthesis or cranial hair prosthesis qualifies for reimbursement and if so what are the parameters.
- If you don’t have additional health benefits consult your accountant in regards to claiming additional medical expenses with Revenue Canada.
Once you have the coverage information there are some tips below in regards to preparations you can make to speed up the process of a claim with your insurance company.
- Obtain a prescription from your Doctor stating “Hair Prosthesis required for medical reasons”. Typically this must be dated by your doctor and show your name, address, and phone number however your insurance company will confirm what parameters they require.
- Hair Prosthesis Centre, Barrie will provide you with a sales receipt for a medical hair prosthesis, typically you will need to send this into the insurance company.
- We suggest you retain photocopies of all relevant information for insurance and personal records.
HAIR PROSTHESIS WITHOUT MEDICAL COVERAGE
Don’t have coverage? No need to stress about it. If extenuating circumstances apply, flexible payment options may be taken into consideration.
Please call (705) 722-3849 or e-mail [email protected] for more information.